Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dumbledore...Revisited!!

So sorry I have been remiss in posting pictures of the Dumbledore Project... between blogging, facebooking and working ...I have been a very naughty girl and ignoring my promise...BAD JODI ...BAD, NO BISCUIT!! I have to shoot pictures today of my completed outfit ....I didn't really pop pictures of that creation as in truth...it is not nearly as exciting as Richard Part ...hoo hum!! He needs to finish his glasses and hat (although I might take a stab at the hat today.... twiddling thumbs here until my 'painting' part comes up.

As you can see.... Richard has been a busy boy... he had a slight set back when he decided to 'carve' the wings instead of sculpting them...I am happy he went in that direction. It always amazes me (and I have been watching him do this for years now but never tire of seeing it) how he can take a Big old chunk of wood and whittle away at it to form a beautiful set of thin wooden wings... he uses the big chunk so that he can get the 'curve' to the wings. I love these wings. He still has a bit more to do on them but I keep reminding him that this is a 'statue' ...NOT a real owl... and that it has to look like a statue ...so details can be played down a tad... He is starting the Dragon sculpt around the lectern ...should be finished with that today...then that all gets baked again as it sits in the photo...and then I get to paint and gold antique it ...I LOVE that part. He has also started on the smaller dragon heads at the bottom of the lectern crystal base...and the feet with claws. I will then paint that...and we both work on the candles..he makes them...and I get to make them 'drip'!! I love the detailed stuff...

Hey check out the new 'Blue Ball' that the owl sits on...that is the one I told you about that replaced the old one... this one is so cool with the swirls...
Oh and I should mention the owl body is in clay.

So that's about it for now... we need to finish this up by Thursday as Friday we are heading to Vegas for our Grand-daughters 9th Birthday....we are SOOOOO excited!

Jodi






30 comments:

rosanna said...

When I feel sure of something you always shake my certainties ( can I say that?). The owl is ...I need to go and fetch my dictionary because I'm at a loss of words. Tel Richard that HE is a wizard.

Creager Studios said...

Hello Rosanna....

You are so sweet...thank you so much. Richard will be thrilled with your kind words... somedays he feels like anything But a Wizard...more like the troll under the bridge...

Hugs,

Jodi and Richard

Creepy Creations by Jamie Moore said...

WOW!! It is turning out awesome!!! The ball that you guys decided on is perfect and the detailing of the owl is amazing!!!
Can't wait to see the candles on it!

Jamie

Cate and David said...

This is going to be tremendous. Beautiful work!

Creager Studios said...

Hi Jamie...

Thanks so much. I too think that this was the perfect little ball for the lectern...magical looking.
I am anxious to do the candles...well...'drip -em'

Have a Terrific Tuesday

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Thanks so much Cate and David...

Keeping fingers crossed that all runs smooth to the end....

Have a Terrific Tuesday

Jodi and Richard

Jdee said...

Looks like you guys are in full swing again! The owl is wonderful and OMG those wings! Don't know how you two do it! You guys just amaze me!


xoxo
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Looking so forward to seeing this finished but I gotta say, what I have seen so far is just incredible!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

One word WOW!!! '-)

Happy Tuesday

Me (-'

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Oh Wow, so true, there isnt a word that expresses the sheer splendour of the piece enough Jodi and Richard. Supersplendiferous??Is that a wizardy word? Made up or not, what we mean is, SUPER AWESOME!! Love the ball, love the owl, We want it NOW!!!!!!
lol Kate and John xx

Debbie said...

Totally incredible, I have to agree with Kate & John, Richard is a Wizard. The Owl is magnificent.

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
Everything is beautiful as usual.
The wings are to die for and the main body for the owl i'd go to the moon and back for!

Creager Studios said...

Hello Joanna...

Yep back in the swing of it..we easily get side tracked but always return to where we are the most happy..

Thanks so much

Jodi and Richard

Creager Studios said...

Hi Lori...Thanks so so much...you guys are making Richard day...

Jodi and Richard

Creager Studios said...

Hi Chris...a man of few words but used with such kindness...

Thanks

Jodi and Richard

Creager Studios said...

Hi Kate and John..

That is a wonderful word...I love it...I do like cool words!
You guys are making us blush....

Thanks

Jodi and Richard

Creager Studios said...

Hi Debbie...

Richard... my personal little wizard, I like that...by the by...I am having him put some thought into creating that formula for floo powder!!!!

Thanks

Jodi and Richard

Creager Studios said...

Hi Nikki...

You are such a sweetie... but don't head to the moon unless I get to come along...have always wanted to visit there...

Thanks

Jodi and Richard

Light and Shadow Studio said...

I am so amazed!!! I have been following Dumbledore's progress but was blown away by how the owl has turned out. Richard's wings are superb. How he got the curve in them just right, i don't know and of course your sculpting. Truly a masterpiece. Thank you so much for sharing him.

twinkle teaches said...

I cannot wait to see it finished. Happy birthday to your grand daughter!!! :)
tina

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

Oh it's just too awesome! it is so...Creager-esq! Wonderful!
She can't be NINE???? or where are mine ;-)? Have a wonderful trip!

Creager Studios said...

Hello Tammy...

Thank You sooo much...LOVE your Halloween beauties! I painted the Owl and wings today...oooo now I am really in love ...coming together nicely! SOON!

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Tina...

Thank You so much ...keeping fingers crossed he will be finished tomorrow...but we are shooting for Thursday.
Thanks for the Birthday Wishes for our beautiful little Erin...I will have pics to post from that too

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hey Oops... I KNOW...can you believe it 9 ALREADY!!! Where did the time go...I hope to have pics to post when we return...we are VERY excited...and she is NOT a lover of Hannah Montana Stuff... but she LOVES Horses...her goal at nine...to own a horse ranch and care for horses that need caring for... such a little Buckerette!!! We love her so much

Hugs,

Jodi

Silke Janas-Schloesser said...

Bad Jodi, good Richard,LOLOLOL I like your writing style as much as your dolls !!! :o)

Wow ! Just WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Creager Studios said...

Good Morning Silke...

Thanks so much...by the by I didn't get the biscuit!! sniff sniff...

Have a Wickedly Wonderful Wednesday

Jodi

Tallulah Belle said...

Amazing...such talent you both have. I bet that takes him ages...so many intricate details.

Have fun in Vegas ! Nice little ride across the desert you have there :-)

Actually I just came across this hobby / dollhouse store there...don't know if you knew about it already.

www.danseys.com

Creager Studios said...

Evening Jayne...

Nice seeing you here...you have been a busy little girl with your wonderful projects...I drool ever so slightly when seeing your magnificent flowers...

We will have fun in Vegas...short drive up and back...down side...we will be getting some rather nasty weather...rain and winds...bummer! But we so enjoy an adventure...
Hope I can make a bit of time to visit that Mini/Hobby store...thanks for letting me know about it...know exactely the area it is located...

Jodi

Tallulah Belle said...

Hmmmm...busy indeed. A trip to Vegas right now would go down very well :-)

Have loads of fun......rain or shine.

Creager Studios said...

Thank so much Jayne...Richard LOVES road trips and as you said...nice country between here and Vegas...hoping to still catch some of the desert wildflowers

Jodi