Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter Egg!!


Easter is such a lovely time of the year...for so many reasons. Of course there is the obvious Religious Meaning of Easter... but also there is the Colorful , Hopeful Promise of Spring that drips from the very word ... Easter.!!
Growing up with Easter in my house was always fun ...My Mom would hide dozens of colorful eggs around the house and yard... now I was never really sure WHY she did that...I mean, wasn't that the Easter Bunnies job??? Even as a young child I questioned to myself the fact that Mom was not only shopping for the Eggs, but also Dying and decorating them, storing them, hiding them and even a week later finding and discarding the Old Stinky ones that I failed to locate in the yard originally .. I mean, doesn't this rabbit have ANY responsibilities at ALL?? He has managed to find a way to convince all these homemaker Moms to do his bidding... and then he shows up on the scene Easter Morning with a Big 'TAAAA-DAAAA' and a few hollowed out Chocolate Bunnies and stuck together jelly beans in a dime store basket with shiny grass (is grass shiny??) and then expects all the kids to sing his praises through the immortal words of "Here comes Peter Cotton Tail...hoping down the Bunnie trail...hippity hoppity Easters on it's way" ...who is he kidding!!! I think we all have a bone to pick with Mr. C.T. ... sure he can don a dapper brightly colored plaid jacket and bow tie with the best of them... show up on the scene Easter Morning ...get his atta boys and not show up again for another year... but can he boil an egg... can he dye an egg... does he know where the best sales on jelly beans are, does he clip coupons or would he even bother to hide eggs in extra special places ...and would he even have the slightest clue as to what my favorite color is for my special Easter dress??? NO I SAY!!!!
So this Easter Message is a BIG SHOUT OUT to all those Easter Moms and Dads out there in the trenches... dying those eggs, hiding them at 3:00am in the yard with a flashlight, for creating those brilliant Baskets that are always filled with their kids 'favorites'... and for making everything perfect... and in the end giving ALL the Credit to some Fluffy individual ...knowing their Kids 'Believe' ...and for keeping that magical belief for as long as they can....
WELL DONE PARENTS!!! Give Yourselves a Big Pat on the Back.... now go make yourself a Mimosa and relax...your work is done here!
Hoppy Easter to all the Grown Up Kiddies out there, may you always find that last jelly bean at the bottom of your basket.....
Jodi

8 comments:

MiniKat said...

I have a gaggle of nieces and nephews, many of whom are not much younger than me.

When I was old enough to know who really did the baskets and stockings some of them weren't, so part of my "job" became to protect the magic for the little ones.

They were mightily confused when the Easter Bunny put make-up and costume jewelry in my basket along with the chocolates. [Same goes for the stocking.]

I told them that when girls get to a certain age the Easter Bunny's wife (or Mrs. Claus) packs special treats for us.

It worked so well and kept the magic alive a bit longer for them.

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Lol. How true!

Creager Studios said...

Perfect Magic Keeping Kat.... I think it is so important for those that wish to still believe...

The last basket I received from my Mom was when I was 22... I mean I KNEW the whole story...but I think at that point...it gave her joy to have 'me' be her little girl until then...it was fun!
I love her so much for that!

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

You Betchum Nikki...

Hoppy Easter

Jodi

Debbie said...

A very Hoppity Easter to you & yours Jodi.

Creager Studios said...

Thanks so much Debbie...and the same to you and yours....

Hugs,

Jodi

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Jodi, we hide the Easter eggs and write clues for all of them. This year they had 4 clues each to find the eggs either in the house or in the garden. Lola at 7 is just big enough to read everyones clues for them and help Reilly and Lacey at 5 and 2, to find their eggs and they really enjoy it. This year we had eggs in the bath, at the top of the shed, ( step ladder provided) and even in a dollshouse amongst others so fun was had by all. John and I write a poetic clue for each egg, takes some doing on the night before Easter sunday when youve had one too many glasses of wine and cant get your brain to work to make words that rhyme !!! Hope you both had a great Easter.
Kate xx

Creager Studios said...

How wonderful Kate.... THAT'S what I am talking about... a BIG Salute to the wonderful Parents that do memorable things for their children...and help them to grow up with vivid imaginations and free spirits to accomplish anything...
You have a wonderful fun house...

Our Easter was Great...Thanks


Jodi