Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tell me it can't be Thursday ....ALREADY!!!

Holy Schlamolies...where did the week go?? One minute I am finishing up Bellatrix and the next I am lookin smack dab in the face of a weekend!! I swear...I can misplace time with the best of them...

Actually have not been wasting any of this time...but rather using it up and wearing it out. No matter how you look at it...there is only X amount of hours in each day no more, no less... but a person 'can' if done correctly appear to squeeze a few more hours out of each day...I think I have done that with this past week.... explains so much as to why it is already Thursday ...and I have so much done already ...managed to squeeze a week and a half into on week...cool trick huh! Of course I want to crumble in a dark corner somewhere and just quiver for a bit till the exhaustion passes... but in truth I have always been one to look hard work in the face and laugh while rolling up my sleeves.

Lets see...this week we...Cleaned out the garage (and I mean THAT was a HUGE JOB , put up some shelves that some dear friends gave us ages ago (heavy freakin shelves) , we Kayaked, We worked in the yard, fixed the pool filter, went to the dump, I spent one day shopping in Bullhead City with my Mom and Sister, reorganized my studio, disassembled the insides of the Tipi for the summer, installed a small freezer (which meant removing part of a wall and put part of it back, painting and shopping to put stuff in it. Working on the computer (having problems lately) and of course...designing a new doll for EBAY and starting work on that. There were a few other things in there but not worth mentioning...also they might just be the few things that will make my head explode if I say them out load....the camel and straw sorta thing! SO THAT'S WHERE THE WEEK WENT... Now I understand...

Today we rest...going to see Angels and Demons with my sis and Richard...there can sit and quiver in the dark all I want...while eating popcorn and M&M's...AHHHHH!

This is a BIG Holiday Weekend in Havasu...anyone out there west of the Mississippi who has 'anything' that floats or goes fast in the water will be here!!! Ugh.... we stay away from town, hide out at home and just kick back...BBQ this weekend and a friends Birthday!!
Thank Goodness I got all my work out of the way....

So thanks for listening to my 'Time Warp Work Filled Rant'.... I still can't believe it is Thursday....it IS Thursday...right!! But the real question is...what year!!??

Have a Great Weekend Everyone

Jodi (aka Veronica Vortex)

27 comments:

Sprite said...

Hi Jodi :) my goodness does that sound familiar! It's amazing how much more stuff you can fit into a day if you only get about 3 1/2 hrs sleep isn't it? ha ha ha :) Even still, the days are few hours too short. Eventually it'll be time to collapse hmm checking clock, yep, almost time! (can you tell?) ha ha ha

Can't wait to see the new piece.

Have fun at the movies! Do you eat them together? I love pcorn n m'ies! goobers too.

Enjoy kicking back with friends and have an awesome weekend!

Big big hugs,
Sprite :)

MiniKat said...

Sounds like you need a break. I hope you enjoy the weekend! :-)

Marie S said...

Have a wonderful weekend and relax, you deserve it.
That is a ton of stuff, but I bet you feel great about getting so much done!
Well done!!!

Anonymous said...

Jodi you sound like overload!
Well at least you can kick back for the week-end and then guess what????? It's another week.... : )
Pattee

julie campbell said...

I know how you feel Jodi, just woke up and realised its Friday !!! How did that happen !!
Hope you have a great holiday weekend and enjoy the popcorn :0)
julie xx

dollproject said...

Busy week indeed...have a great weekend! And do get some rest. ;]

Creager Studios said...

Hi Kat...

Well as much of a break as I will allow myself...unless I put on a blindfold or the entire weekend... sure as shootin I will spot something that I 'need' to get done....and then there is no stopping me... I might just float in the pool and look up at only the sky!

Have a Nice Weekend
Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Marie...

Boy you know it...there is nothing quite so satisfying as 'getting things done'...but what I have to learn is 'moderation'!!

Have a Great Weekend....

Hugs,
Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Pattee...

Overload is a very accurate statement ... does 'smoke' coming out of my ears mean anything???

Have a Great Weekend

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Julie...

The Popcorn was wonderful and the Movie even better....ahhhh, relaxed!

Have a Super Weekend

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Jessica....

Yes...busy busy...but now...shutting down for a bit...

Have a Great Weekend

Jodi

LDWatkins said...

You need to chill!!! Now, what will you do next week??? LOL

Creager Studios said...

You are so right LD.... Chillin would be nice!! As for Next Week....well...in the words of Scarlet O'Hara... "I shall think of that tomorrow" lol

Have a Great Weekend

Jodi

Patty Benedict said...

Any hint of what your creating for eBay???? I know it will be wonderful, unique, and everyone will want it!!!

Have fun this weekend!!
Bugs & hisses
patty

Creager Studios said...

Happy Friday Patty...

LOVE your new Halloween Purse on EBAY...WONDERFUL!!! Everyone should take a peek at this treasure.
As for my new piece...well...lets just say it is a blend on the past with a smattering of Newness... Non human, asian based and romantic! Got ya curious don't I!! LOL

Hugs,

Jodi

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

I think you have had a really busy week and done more than most people would do in three.
I too have weeks like this where everything gets done, the washing stops breeding babies, food is bought, domestic chores are all done, gardening and diy too and of course everything else thrown.
Not having a week like above at the moment. Nothing is going right and its friday and not one bit of actual miniature work is on my desk.
Considering nothing is done i'm far more tired and worn out than the busy weeks.
Quite starge!
Looking forward to your next doll.
Nikki x

Jdee said...

and now it's Friday! Time goes by way too fast~
I hope you have a fun holiday weekend. I am IN Mississippi and will be on a boat in the lake! LOL~
xoxo

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Oh yes, forgot to say, apologies as always for all the typing errors... lol.
Got to learn to type at a slower pace.
Nikki x

Creager Studios said...

Hi Nikki...

Nothing to apologize for...I make more mistakes in spelling and typing than any 6 people do...one of my fav sayings...
"The only person who never makes mistakes is the person who never does anything."

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Joanna...

On a lake in a boat IN Mississippi!! Really...WOW!!...well if you hurry...you can make it here before the weekend ends... LOL!

Have a Super Time

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Sprite...

GEESH!! Yours was the first blog 'E' that I opened and read...somehow it got buried under other emails...sorry bout that!

The Movie was wonderful...yes...I like to pop the chocolate and the popcorn into my mouth at the same time...I also like my peas mixed with my taters and syrup on my eggs along with the pancakes...makes a meal exciting!
Have a Super Weekend...

Jodi

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi ya Jodi! ~ Popping in to say hello & wish you a wonderful holiday weekend!

PS: Glad you enjoyed Miss. Debbie. '-)

Sat. Hugs,
mE ((-:

Creager Studios said...

Hey there Chris...

Miss Debbie is absolutely devine...two of my favs and VERY talented ladies...Debbie Harry and Cyndi Lauper... since I saw the Debbie post on your blog...I have been singing all throughout the house..."...One Way or another I'm gonna get ya...I'm gonna get ya get ya get ya"
damn I loved her music!

You have a great holiday weekend as well... Thanks for keeping the 80's alive and well!

Hugs,

Jodi

Sprite said...

aww! Good thing i didnt check back til now I may have felt neglected! hee hee jk!! :) I'm so glad you had a nice time and Oh my gosh!!! I do those too!! ha ha ha I mix most things and condiments are fun. I just don't see why everything shouldn't be a "flavah sensation" ha ha ha ;)

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Hugs,
Sprite

Creager Studios said...

Never Negelected Sprite...you just have to take my puny little brain into account at times...lol! I swear I have a 'leak' somewhere in my gray matter tank !!

Yes mix and match foods...fun to come up with all sorts of new fun flavors. My family calls me the Condiment Queen ...
I even eat Zout Licorice (Dutch Salted Licorice....) when I can find it. YUM!!

Have a Super Sunday

Jodi

Sprite said...

Aww!! Naw, your good :) Oh man I was going to say I was condiment queen!! But since I claimed queen of procrastination I didn't want to seem greedy ha ha ha ha :)

I'm not sure I've seen that before is it sold in the US?

Super indeed! Enjoy :)

BIG hugs,
Sprite

Creager Studios said...

Hi Sprite... I really think in this case there can be (and ARE) Many Many Queens...and...it is Good to be Queen!!!lol...
You can buy on line...believe me I hav done the searches..although I have not yet bought on line...I normally find a little out of the way unique candy store...and they always seem to sell it...as a totaly novelty I am sure...and boy are they shocked when someone walks in (like me) and says OoOOo I'll take a lb of the Zout Licorice...you can almost imagine them saying "Hey Charlie,,,come out here...we actually have someone buying this 'stuff'..."
Two things with Zout Licorice... ya gotta love black Licorice...and Salt!! Both I am just ever so slightly ashamed to admit that I do!!

Jodi