Tuesday, August 14, 2012



I KNOW I KNOW...it has been ages since I was last here.... time just seems to slip away when you are having a weird time of it.  UGH!   It has been ages since I have posted anything and ages since we have created any doll art.... but i do have a good (although sad) excuse....my dear mom passed ...
She was a big part of my life and who I was...and you never realize how much until that part of your life is gone... having said all that (and believe me I will not make this any more sad)  though gone...I know and feel in my heart that she still stands at my side...egging me on, encouraging me, inspiring me, correcting me and making me laugh..... I miss most the hugs and the voice...although i will forever be wrapped in her warmth and hear her gentle voice in my mind and heart... Miss and Love you Mom...

OK...enough of that...I have done enough grieving for 10 people...time to push on....

We have started to create dolls again after the long absence...(the shot above is one we just had on EBAY) a miniature scale house section wall hanging shadow box with several ghosts and 2 witch ghosts.... very happy and surprised with the outcome.

Now doing another witch (1:12th scale)  that will hopefully be listed in a week....I will post pics here...
All of a sudden my mind is reeling with ideas and desires to work...this is good!  So I will seize the moment.  I am caught up in Halloween this year....yearn to see ghosts and other things that bump in the night...might have to hunt down a haunted house somewhere near....can't wait to get out my Halloween do dads from the closets.... I want to get my 'spook' on.....

Good to be back...Missed everyone here....Welcome to my new friends...

HUGS,

Jodi

6 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm sorry for your loss but I'm happy to see you push on. I'm going to go all out this halloween too

this year will be the best halloween ever!


Love
Marisa :)

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

So very sorry for your loss, I completely understand what it's like. I think your newest work is as always, brilliant and touching at the same time.

CWPoppets said...

It's sad to loose a person you loved so dearly but it's a good thing that you had such a wonderful relationship with you mom and that you can mourn her.
There are so many bad mother /daughter relationships like mine.
Your little granny ghost with cat is adorable.
Christine

Cody Goodin said...

So sorry for your loss my friend. It takes as long as it takes to grieve. Your new work is so beautiful and haunting, no pun intended. There is a simplel yet elegant beauty in these pieces. Especially this one. Glad to hear you are back in the saddle of creativity. Ride on my friend.

Tracey said...

I'm sorry about your Mother passing.
Can't imagine how rough that would make life.
I know for myself trying to be creative, flow with creativity, when I'm stressed is really hard...can't imagine what it would be like for you both during this time.
Am glad if you're back at it though, selfishly so we can enjoy your work and also because I think if you can get it going again it soothes the mind.
anyhoo, babbling.
my condolences.
Tracey

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Dear Jodi, I am sorry to hear about your Mom. It has been a rough time for you, but I am glad you are back making your dolls, they are gorgeous!
Mini hugs, Natalia