Monday, June 8, 2009

OK...so let me tell you about my day...and night!







So by now you probably thought I have either fallen off the face of the earth or been abducted by Craft Aliens and taken to planets void of Art so that our little group could spread the joy of Color and Crafts!!! NOPE... just been a very hectic weekend filled with projects and 'loose end tying' ....
So...let me talk about Friday 'Craft Day at the Creagers'!!! WHAT A FUN DAY IT WAS!!! Days like this always make me realize how fortunate I am in my life that I am surrounded by Good friends who are fun and talented and amazing to be around... recharged my batteries 10 times over! Everyone got here about 9:00am ...we always gab a bit and drink some coffee to catch up and share what products everyone brought to play with....and there were A LOT!!! We were 5 that day (one could not make it as she owns a Health Food Store and it has been busy) Each are brillant Artist in their field...Collage Artist and Painter (who is being featured soon on the Arizona Highway Magazine TV Show), Award Winning Beader, A Fine Art Cloth Artist, a Seamstress and Cloth Artist...and me. Each approaches things differently with their own unique touch...I love that. I don't think any of us really knew what we were going to create (purse skins were the plan) and I think we stuck with that pretty much. Speaking for myself I am so regimented in my doll making... staying with realism ...even if it is fantasy....that I wanted to do something avant guard / abstract ... finding a fun place to play! I LOVE Abstract...but try as I may...I just cannot get to the zone I would like to be in...again, to regimented even in that...I have always been fascinated with free art and I admire greatly those that can so easily achieve that look. ..my dream...to create a full wall mural that makes no sense at all to the viewer...but thrills me to pieces!! So we jumped in and started gettin crazy with our gessoed canvas ...the idea was to make small purses either as a clutch or over the shoulder. Alice is very prolific and she made (painted) 8 to everyone Else's 2...but then that's our Alice....she is a girl on a misson and LOVES her art...she also loves fine glitter...which now my Patio, decking, driveway , pool and various parts of the house glimmer and glint when the light hits it just right... looks like there was a 'Fairy' Orgy here....!!lol.... We tease her and she gives us a hug...leaving behind slight traces of 'sparkle' ...love our Alice! Kate is a brilliant artist who is capable of anything and her mind works in mysterious ways...she is capable of making something absolutely stunning out of absolutely nothing! She is an avid recycler and Free Bird who has this uncanny knack for bringing something that once was...back to life again! Sheila is an incredible Beader who makes jewelry so beautiful and detailed that it takes your breath away...she is a Scorpio like Richard so her ability to focus in great detail comes easy...she has the patience of jobe and creates till it's right. Jill (my sister) is sooo talented and remarkable with whatever she wishes to create...but for so long she has been focused on work...so now newly retired ...she is learning to jump in again and reacquaint herself with art...I could not be more pleased!
We played for a few hours...and BOY were we lucky...it has been 107 by day here...but the last few days we have been having weather in the low 90's with mornings at low 70's ...totally unheard of for our area at this time of year...so I figure the Craft Gods were with us in our outdoor painting frenzy ...hmmmmm, maybe it was all that glitter...
We had a delicious lunch...painted some more.... and called it a day...relaxed, reinvigorated , rejuvenated and artistically replenished.
But it did not stop there.... we all decided to meet back here around 7:00PM for BBQ Chicken, salad and drinks... and allow our Mates to come...hee hee! We had a super time and all talked non stop until after 1:00 AM....it was a looooong day but I was not one ounce tired...we all agreed when leaving...we need to do this more often.
The rest of the weekend was filled with house projects...painting, moving furniture, getting ride of furniture, cleaning Oleander Trimming and other yard stuff.
Now it is Monday Morning and I am raring to get going with stuff... miniatures to make, dolls to pack and send and an article to write for a magazine.
Great being back in Bloglandia...
Have a Great Week Everyone
Jodi

21 comments:

rosanna said...

Bless you Jodi!! I'm so happy you enjoied yourselves so much. I bet you all did the most wonderful pieces of art.

Tallulah Belle said...

Oh wow....it seems like you had an amazing time...i am so envious.


It looks like kindergarten paint day ...with style.


And cakes too I see :-)

Rebecca said...

OH, It looks like you all had so much fun! Just like nursery school for BIG kids! Becky

Creager Studios said...

Hi Rosanna...Always so nice to hear from you... Well no one really 'finished' their purse...we basically painted and cut and got lining ready...I did a bit of sewing on mine...but we all want to enbellish and 'add stuff' so most want to want and then sew it up...I will try and post a pic when I finish mine...

Hugs,
Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Jayne...

LOL...I like that Kindergarten Play Day...with Style!! We did get messy, no one wet their pants and we bypassed the 'nap time' ...

And Yes...there was CAKE!!! What is a gathering with Cake I always say...

Hugs,
Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Becky....

WOW...Nursery School, Kindergarten.... Honest Guys...we did some serious Stuff...LOL! And I promise you, I never once 'ate' the paste!!! hee hee

Hugs,
Jodi

Marie S said...

OMG!!! What a fun thing to do!
I can hardly wait to see what you come up with.
Can you get pictures maybe from everyone? LOL!!!
I bet they are going to be awesome.
Are you pumped?
I have a hard time sleeping when I do things like this.

Unknown said...

Oh, what fun! I wish I had friends who liked to play in paint and beads and such! Of course, then I'd never get anything done!

So glad you had a great time and were able to recharge your batteries!

Tallulah Belle said...

No wet pants huh....more successful than some of my parties ;-)

Christopher A. Klingler said...

LOOKED LIKE FUN!!! Great pics and glad you all enjoyed yourselves!!!

Hope this note finds you well & enjoy your week!

PS: Glad you enjoyed the Adam video and I agree! '-)

SpOOky Best,
Chris (-:

LDWatkins said...

I had fun just reading about it and seeing the pictures! Please show us some of the masterpieces!!!

Sue said...

So glad that I found your blog Jodi, now to get caught up on some earlier posts.

What a lot of fun it looks like you had, and yes, I have to go with the Kindergarten play date too (especially the first pic of you, you look like a little kid LOL)

julie campbell said...

Looks like you all had a fab time Jodi ! and a party isnt a party without cake :0)
if it was even half as much fun as it sounds you've all had a ball !
julie xx

Creager Studios said...

Hi Marie...

It was a total Blast...no rules...my fav!! I will see if I can get them to pop pics of their finished pieces...what I fprgot to mention is that each artist is very private about their art...so I might have to 'sneak up' and snap when they are not looking...

Yes PUMPED!!!

Hugs,
Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Teresa...

These are a great bunch of gals...they are up for most any project...we have several in the works, as I said...I consider myself very lucky! This is also the group I Kayak with...

Hugs,
Jodi

Creager Studios said...

LOLOL Jayne... now I wanna come to YOUR Party!!

Hugs,
Jodi

Creager Studios said...

OOoOOo Adam Baby...boy that brought back all of my youthful lusty notions of him...GrrRRrRRrr!!!

Having a Great Week so far...and a Great One to You as Well

Hugs,
Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi LD...

I will have to pop pics of their purses when they are not looking...such a secretive bunch...
They all scratch their heads that I like to 'Blog'...lol

Hugs,
Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Sue...so glad you found me...great to have you here. WOW...looks like I need to have More Play Dates if I look like I am that young...I actually have had 3 private emails with the same thoughts... I guess it holds true what I always say... "Art brings out the inner child in each of us, giving us a clear pathway to expression and fulfillment"

Hugs,
Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Julie...

Paint, friends and cake...what More could a girl ask for....!!!

Hugs,
Jodi

Sprite said...

How fantastic!! You look awesome Jodi! and like your having a great time I wanna hug ya! aww I wanna come! :( Jealous A bit! I don't really know/have anyone creative near me to play with in person. I look forward to my one play date a year when I visit sherry/jean and I've been counting the days to go back since before I left! ha ha ha

Your mural I'm sure, will be fantastic, and if you aren't pleased just keep going or throw buckets of paint on it until you are!

Thank you so much for sharing! I feel rejuvenated slightly just through your photos. I will have to try the recipes they sound yummy!! Always a pleasure visiting. Thanks! Have a great week :)

Hugs n luv,
Sprite