Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Birthday Blessing



Today I received what I will always consider a Birthday Blessing Gift from a New Friend in Sweden! 'Eva-Liisa Eriksson Kukkonen of the Wonderful Blog 'Ottilias Veranda'
I have always believed that things happen for the most wonderful reasons and without the need for any explanation other than...'It just Happens'...and from time to time we are touched by the hearts of others no matter how far.... I have indeed been touched by a Painting from a friend...a new friend that I received the day before my 59th Birthday .... and although it was my VERY Lucky Win from the OWOH Giveaway...I will always consider it a Birthday Blessing!
I have hung this 'gift' in a special spot to me...amongst some of my favorite things...and just below a special treasure , my grandfathers remaining brush....his favorite.
My breath has been taken away...and I am lost in the beauty of this art piece. Everyone Needs to visit this site and enjoy the wonderful works of Liisa...
Thank You from the bottom of my heart.
I truly have been Blessed with Wonderful Artistic Gifts from New Friends ...Thank You OWOH... you truly are just that...'One World...One Heart'!!!
Hugs,
Jodi

8 comments:

Cody Goodin said...

That is an awesome piece. And as one March baby to another, Happiest of birthdays to you.

Creepy Creations by Jamie Moore said...

Wow, what a lovely painting! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!

Jamie

Cia of Briarwood Studio said...

That truly is a lovely piece. And happy birthday!

Cia

Piper Rain said...

She is so stunning! The range of her gaze, the serenitiy yet anticipation of her upward eyes almost in a prayer or plea! Great gift...great day!

Jo Raines said...

Jodi, it is beautiful! So haunting! And your collection of favorite things is to die for. And Happy Birthday. But I am a bit angry with you. You can't be 59 as you look younger than me and I just turned 47. What is up with that? Wait a minute . . . I think I know. Having children prematurely ages you (especially in my case a teenaged son!). That's got to be it. LOL!

Jody

Ottilias Veranda said...

Hi Jodi,
I´m so glad and thrilled to see the painting in Your home! What a feeling! And so many wonderful things around it! The OWOH event is sure a wonderful thing, to meet so many wondeful and talanted people all over the globe! I looked at Your website and your dolls are absolutely incredible!!

So Happy Birthday and thanks for Your kind words!

Liisa

~JL said...

Beautiful piece of work, Liisa...

What a great surprise... iT LoOKs like iT found iT's home on your wall.

{{{{{JODi}}}}}

Sending you a HeARTFELT but, BeLaTED PRE~HaPpY BiRTHDaY!

~joanna

Kathy said...

She's amazing! I'll have to head over and check out her blog...thanks for sharing.

Bright blessings,
kathy