Friday, May 15, 2009

Hollywood Finds Havasu!!!

Yes it's true... they are making a movie in our little town of Lake Havasu, Arizona!!! Please ignore the subject matter of Killer Prehistoric Piranha unearthed after a small 'quake' shakes the ground and releases the killer fish who happen to be the size of the average School Bus!!! WOW...my thoughts at this very moment are ...this will be great for our tourist season which is just beginning... the mere thought of killer fish in our lake should make all the boaters jump for joy... I mean...look what happened to the east coast tourist areas...or oceans in general after Jaws!! HOPEFULLY people will understand that this is just a bit of Hollywood at it's best and that there is no such thing as Prehistoric School Bus Sized Killer Fish out there ready to eat small town inhabitants!!!

Actually the whole thing is rather exciting...they will be filming here through June. They have built a 'tank' to hold over a million gallons of water for the 'really scary' parts of the movie...hired dozens of 'teens' and 'twenty something' extras around town to appear in the background...and also to scream and freak out.... I thought for one brief minute could I pull off 'acting young' and strutting around chewing gum and twirling my hair...but alas I saw that they wanted these teens and 20's to wear tight fitting mini skirts and heels... After I laughed myself silly... the casting call was just a distant memory.... wonder if they have a part for the 'colorful town character' the bag lady with a heart, all disheveled and liquored up on Ripple... who is the first to discover the menacing 'fishies' , but before warning anyone 'mysteriously disappears' with a parting shot of her pull cart...upside down ...wet.... one wheel spinning slowly...fade to black!!!!...cut...and that's a wrap!



Actually we have had 2 other movies shot here...all very forgettable ...but this one might actually be pretty cool. They changed the name of our town (to protect the innocent!) and are calling it Lake Victoria. I think the release date is summer next year.



So if I tell you sometime this summer that Richard and I are going out for a little morning paddle on the Lake in our Kayaks.... and I don't 'blog' for a while after that...


You will know that something that was 'lurking' in the depths of Lake Havasu.... awakened.... and HUNGRY!!!!! (insert scream here) ....

Have a Great Weekend Everyone....and watch that water!!!



Jodi

P.S. I should add...I played around with the 'Original' movie poster (yes, this movie is a remake) adding all the silly wording etc... didn't want you to think this was really how they were doing the movie poster...

18 comments:

Debbie said...

LOL.. You be careful on the Lake Jodi.. We need our daily fix from the Creager Household... Hope you also have a great weekend. x

Creager Studios said...

Hi Debbie.... we will be careful... maybe strap on our 'fish finder' ...lol!!

Say...give that baby horse a sweet hug for me... I wish I could in person...

Hugs for the weekend

Jodi

Caseymini said...

Jodi, my question is.....Do they still make Ripple?LOL I haven't seen it for many years. Do they need two bag ladies? Maybe I could be your sidekick...Love your version of the poster! They should use it. It would probably draw more people than theirs!

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Ooh yipee another teen movie ,
( moan from John!)
How to get a part...........go down to the set with baskets of muffins for everyone, sketch the producer,come home, make up a doll of her in an extremly flattering way, with a really cute bum of course( presuming its a woman!!), go give it to her, and lo and behold within minuites youll be offered a part! Maybe as lunchmeat for a few thousand hungry savage fish but who cares if it gets you in a movie :-) Kate and John

rosanna said...

Sounds exciting! Genoa is often uesd for movies, they say it has a great film appeal.Last one was called "Genoa" ( great fantasy) and there was Colin Firth starring. I'm very curious about it because Genoa looks really wonderful on the big screen

Marie S said...

Leave it to you to make me almost pee my pants on a friday!!
I love you,
Marie

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Sounds like great fun!
I'll look out for the film then i can get to see more of your Lake.
We have a lake but not one i'd want to even put a toe in. All sludge i'm afraid.
Nikki x

Creager Studios said...

Hi Casey...

Hmmmmm good question, not sure...although I must admit that as little as 3 years ago I did see it on the shelf of a grocery store...but alas...with the poor economy and cut backs...Ripple may have gone by the way of the DoDo! sniff sniff....I KID!!!
Sure...a Blockbuster can always use two bag ladies... Ethel and her BFF Gert...hey, maybe before we went bye bye from the movie...with two we could give the 'fishies' a run for their money...leave our 'Mark' as it were...COOL!

Happy Saturday

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Kate and John...

My thoughts exactely! Don't ya just HATE those 'Teenie Bopper' movies.... squealing over-sexed individuals who 'ALWAYS' go into the dark basement...if there is sex or booze involved!!! GEESH!
I am fine without being an extra... would mean time away from a doll...can't have that!!

Happy Saturday

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Rosanna...

AHHHHH Genoa!!! How I would LOVE to be in Genoa! Now THAT is where movies should all be made....

They make Wonderful Salami too!! My Fav!


Happy Saturday

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Marie...

No peeing now ... lol! I am weird about that enough when I sneeze wrong!

Glad though that I brought a chuckle....ahhhhh Hollywood, just sorta brings a smile when mentioned!!! The Glitz..the Glamor...the Bus Sized Pirahna!

Happy Saturday

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

OoooOooo Nikki.... sounds like your Nearby Lake has all the makings for another Teen Summer (possible fall) Horror movie... "It came from Sludge Lake" ...the trailer....
Their Picnic near the Lake Seemed so Perfect...the wine, the cheese...the romance....but little did they know that something was lurking ...something so hidious and bog like ...watching.....waiting...for them to put a Toe into....'SLUDGE LAKE'.... you will never look at Mud the same way again!!!! (cut)


Happy Saturday

Jodi

rosanna said...

Hi Jodi, do not mock me. Anyway it's true that we have a great salame and most important of all we are the homeland of Pesto. Genoa is not LA or Ny but it has so many different aspects that every year loads of tv ads and at least one movie, or part of it, are shot in its roundabouts. The main problem is that we have not a impreteur mind and our political class do not seem interested in a real touristic launch of the region. Tomorrow I'll post something for you, to match with your lake Havasu ( I've Goggled about it)

Creager Studios said...

Oh Dear Rosanna... please believe me when I say I am not mocking you...I was serious about the salami...I eat it all the time...my favorite...truly! And now Pesto...WOW...another of my favorites. Also please believe me when i say I would prefer Genoa over LA or NY any day of the week...in a heartbeat I would move to such a beautiful land. Feel pride in the fact that your beautiful country does not sell out it's beauty for money... we in this country have much to learn from the charm and wisdom of your native country.
Looking forward to tomorrow and your post...

Hugs,

Jodi

Lille Diane said...

I second what Marie S said! It's like that V8 ad. "I shoulda wore a Depends..." As I smack myself on the back of the head sharply. And should know better. I need to kegel, kegel, kegel when reading your blog.

Light Bulb Moment: What about two innocence kayakers minding their own business on Lake Victoria when suddenly.... if hubby doesn't want to do a paddle by where they are filming...PICK ME! PICK ME!!!

I love the area you live in, Jodi. Have you ever been to Ojai, CA? I used to live there for many years.

Thanks for the great read!

Creager Studios said...

Happy Sunday Morning Lille...

Hey that is one heck of an idea....to kayak by the filming.... trouble is there are soooo many boaters here in Havasu...I am sure every Tom, Dick and Harry are in their watercraft waiting to be 'spotted' by the camera...but then, I have a Kayak...I can maneuver my beauty through anything....and maybe doing it 'topless' might get more attention....hmmmmmmmm!!!
Yes, know Ojai very well... Beautiful area....we have a Doll Artist friend who lives there.



Jodi

Christopher A. Klingler said...

It's a SMALL world after all. HA!

TOO funny! AND I saw the 1st Piranha movie in the early 80's. BAD movie! LOLOLOL '-)

mE again (-'

Creager Studios said...

Hey Chris...

It sure is!! I think (though I am not prepared to admit anything) that I too might have seen the 'first' Pirahna Movie.... UGH! I guess when they figure to add the '3D' title onto the name...it will be a Good or at least 'better' movie.
All I know is that rumor has it that some of filming crew are having a wonderful time partying the night away at our local clubs.... between shots of Jagermeister, Tequilla and or vats of beer... it should make for an interesting movie!!

Happy Sunday

Jodi