Sunday, March 1, 2009

You Can Run...but you can't hide from SUNDAY!!


Theoretically , Sunday should be just like any other day in the Creager Household .. by that I mean...we work from home 24/7 365 days a year (I swear there are a few extras thrown in there from time to time) so each day should be the same as the last i.e. Monday is like Thursday and Saturday is like Tuesday and so on. As I said, in theory this should be how the whole thing works... but for some reason...in my small over wrought brain I have 'self designated' Sunday as gotta do EVERYTHING day!! Cram all chores, such as washing, cleaning , try new recipes (that are sure to fail and I should have stuck with the all too familiar chicken dish) sorting this and throwing away that and on top of it all try like heck to finish up doll and miniature projects that are starring me down. Apparently I have chosen this one day to thoroughly tax my mind and body and to test myself on how far I can be pushed until a screaming ,crying ,quivering mass of goo is achieved!! You would think I would 'spread' it out over a several day period ...but NooOOOoOOoooo..not me.
I am getting off to a really bad start at this self induced purgatory ...which means I am going to have to double time it somewhere later in the day.
Now understand, if all is not finished by the end of the day...there are no penalties involved, no punishments, not disappointments of any kind... Just a lot of Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda's that I will have to sort out later. I think I just like a challenge , and to feel I am up to it...
In truth the only one real thing I must do today (top of the 'mental list' I made last evening) is to write a poem for the new doll we are doing... and believe it or not...I do my best work when stressed a bit... just ever so slightly on the edge of reason and control ... I am not one of those that can pour a cup of chamomile , put on classic music , bathe the room in lavender scent and put pen to paper... nope nope nope... not I ( I mean that all sounds fantastic and I wish I could be that relaxed) ...but if I was in that state...I would fall fast asleep and never get anything done) ...I am one of those that must work in a semi state of ciaos ...dealing with several issues at one time ... some of our best dolls were created during world situations and major events on the tube. So knowing I have oodles to accomplish today ...and a backlog of chaotic issues ..I should be all set to sit down at the computer and let me fingers fly.
Here's to a Chaiotic Sunday ...
Later,
Jodi

6 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi Jodi ~ Hoping your "chaotic" Sunday is a VERY productive one!

I'm the reverse (usually) on Sundays...this is my one day of R&R. Not this Sunday however, I'm working on my lil' "Jack-O-Lantern Prince" paper doll. Hoping to get him listed on eBay by this coming Wed. Thanks too for the words of encouragement, & compliments on the new "Lucky" PC piece!!! '-)

You are just sweet as CANDY!

SpOOky Hugs,
Chris (-:

Creager Studios said...

Bless your heart Chris.... and thanks for your Chaotic Well Wishes...LOL.

So far so good...

Happy Day to you too my friend...

Jodi

Judy C said...

I thought Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest. I guess that doesn't work if all the days are the same-----but not.

Creager Studios said...

Well Judy...I have heard rumors to that effect....but I have never found it to be true in the Creager household!! I am more one of those individuals that rests ONLY when it is 'all over'...WHEW!! Whenever the heck that is....

Have a Great Week

Jodi

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Hi Jodi!
I found your blog thru Chris's (CK)..even though I've admired your work for years :)
I had to laugh at this post. I cannot tell you how many times a week I tell myself.."Nooooooo, not me"..LOL..If there's a hard way & an easy way to do something, I'll find the hard way first!..LOL
"Joury Nell" is just Incerdible and I Love her poem!
Candy

Creager Studios said...

Welcome Candy...

Nice to see you here. Isn't Chris absolutely wonderful....so happy to call him a friend.
Glad you liked the post. I think you and I choose the hard way cause it is a Challange...and we must like those a lot...either that or we are true gluttons for punishment...lol.
Thanks for your kind remarks about Joury Nell and her Poem...
Hope you visit often...

Have a Great Weekend
Jodi