Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday the 13th....oh how I love you so....

I have never considered  myself a particularly 'lucky' person...I mean I am not unlucky but I have not lived my life void of problems or issues...like most of us.  I have always believed that Luck was something you 'make for yourself' ...you can send yourself in a good direction in life or you can chose to dance and dance often with the devil himself....looking for issues that could be called unlucky.  But there is something about Friday the 13th that I have always felt comes looking for me .. to offer  a Big Ole Bouquet of Nice smelling Lucky Roses....  I have actually always looked forward to this day...waiting to see what 'good lucky thing' might happen.  

Over the years I have won money in Vegas on this day, Met a love of my life on this day, got a job on this day, sold dolls on this day, found long lost things on this day, driver licenses on this day, found a home on this day, found a Dog on this day...and the list goes on......67 years worth of lucky Friday the 13's ...

I am however superstitious...very with some things....like spilling salt and a MUST to throw over my shoulder within 5-6 seconds...OR ELSE!!!   Cutting hair only on a full moon, open scissors next to bed if bad dreams persist,  new shoes on table tops (NO) etc etc....I am not superstitious however with umbrellas open in house, ladders, black cats or glass breakage.....   and those are considered the biggies.  I know where I got all of my 'stitions' ...I grew up with people who made sure panic and fears were just at the door....live with it!!!  EEEEK!   (Thanks Mom and Grandma)...   it is really hard to shake many of them.  I know I won't burst into flames or suffer untold anguish ...but I really dislike tempting the hand of faith ...don't fix if it ain't broken kinda stuff....

So I guess over all these years I have set up this day and opened the door for only good things to come through.... which is kinda fun...  

May luck find you where you least expect it to....





1 comment:

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I like Friday the 13th too. I've been waiting for one and missed this past one, doing something special. I think we get one more for the year. I will have to make sure I dress or act or make something for it.