Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Thinking of 'that' when I should be doing the other...

Been a day today  (boy I say that a lot lately.)..starting to think I may be using it as a weird little excuse to not finish things completely....hmmmm...there I go, screwing with myself again.

We are working on our last Miniature Doll setting ...something that both Richard and I came to terms with...and actually feel OK with.... to many reasons to list why.... but suffice it to say with all the balls we have in the air right now, and calculating our age and what we still want to get done in the shorter time allotted ....something had to give....and I am afraid Minis was it!!

Now this is not to say that I might from time to time sneak off by myself and do a little witch bust (oh how I love those so)...but then who knows...will need to learn to focus on what's in front of us..."SQUIRREL"  ....

We are loving this piece ..it has been fun and I chose something that I have wanted to do for a very long time (been running around in my brain forever) ..and while I really won't say what it is...I will say it has to do with the story of Wizard of Oz....almost like the continuing story, or the story not told.....my version totally.  The aftermath if you will....

So it does involve a 'story' that I have had in my brain forever...but now...I have to put it to paper (or computer)  ...I never write things down..well, maybe a word here and a word there...but the plot stays in my head....
The dilemma....it is firmly lodged in there...and is not responding well to coaxing it out...  
Once I start...it is like a burst water main ...can't find where to turn the source off ...
 Funny how years change a pattern.... 10 years ago this would never have been an issue....
The doll setting looks at me...I look at it , they smile...I smile ...drink 4 cups of coffee and say "Alrighty then...lets do this"....only to think  "SQUIRREL"  .....

I might have to get up tomorrow morning before the house stirs...when it's dark and cool and my family is fast asleep... make a big pot of coffee.... take out a pad of paper , sharpened pencil and have a go....

Richard says I sometimes make things way more difficult for myself than they should be ....perhaps, but when I see the whole story in my minds eye exactly how I know it should be....well...it has to be that very way....

Wish me luck....





No comments: