Tuesday, February 3, 2009

COLOR



Isn’t COLOR wonderful!! It can do so many things to our life and for our life…It creates so many moods, feelings …and emotions. It can lift you high up and bring you way down… it can induce a memory or make you forget. It sings of a Holiday and takes you away to summer vacations long ago. It tells you something is old and something is brand new …You wear certain colors so you won’t get pinched…and you don other colors to show your royalty. Colors shape us, define who we are , set us apart from others and brings us close together …it is what we see first thing in the morning and last thing at night …we have our favorites and ones that we detest …. Colors are who we are as individuals…and we know which work for us.

Having said all that….I am getting ready to paint my studio!! This has been a looooong time coming…. The hideous green on the wall behind my sculpting table I inherited when we bought our house…I think they call it Southwest Green, whatever the hell that means …HA!! So COLOR be gone…now here is the problem…I love all color …each has it’s purpose in life so why have I been wracking my brain to pick a color that will be looming over my shoulder day in and day out…well , I guess that’s the pickle…it will be a color that will in a weird round about sort of way affect my art… influence how I feel and therefore influence what and how I sculpt… OH COLOR …YOU DEMON…WHY DO YOU PLAY SO WITH MY MIND!!!!!

So this I suppose is why it has taken me this many years to decide on color for my studio…

I mean…I have a Red Room….




A groove Rusty copper bedroom, a terra cotta kitchen, a dark misty mauve bathroom, a sage green and white computer room …

I tend towards darker on the walls (sets off art better) and too many bright tones cause me to do funny things… so these are the colors I THINK I have narrowed it down to …





I know I know… you are thinking…WHAT is she thinking… but truly these colors sing together… the ‘Merlot’ color will go behind my table…I think I can live with this… I seem to function well with the red family…

So hopefully soon I will start on this project…it requires much moving of stuff (always a fav part for Richard) …
OK…that is my Color Rant for the day…I feel much better!!
Later,
Jodi

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the dark red colour. We have this on one wall in my Boy's Sitting Room. It's a warming colour. The Green looks very similar to one wall in my bedroom..
Great colour choice..

Creager Studios said...

Hi Debbie..

Yea I am feelin pretty good about the choice too... now to find the time. I told Richard that is what I want for my Birthday... a full 2 days of having nothing to do but stuff in the house...i.e. my Studio....such a luxury to have the time...

Later,

Jodi

Christopher A. Klingler said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the rust red color!!!

Red is my favorite color!!! (-:

Chris