Thursday, February 5, 2009

A New Day...a New Mood!






Feeling ever so much betta today…not that I was feeling bad yesterday it was just a ‘Mood’ day…ah come on…we each have those days….right!… But I woke us this am with a song in my heart and a skip in my step and I knew it was gonna be a super day….

For one my sister just sold her place in Northern Calif. And plans to move down here (Lake Havasu) very very soon…this I am thrilled about…she is loads of fun…my ying to her yang…we are so opposite yet so much the same….and we tend to bring out the best in one another. Anyway I am looking forward to her arrival and planning creative things with her… so that is why the skip in my step….the song in my heart was that we were going bike riding this morning and that always makes me feel like a million bucks… it was a great day and the air was clean and clear….happy happy happy.

After that we came home and I got to work on this weekends bounty…. Almost there.

I thought maybe I would post a doll here that we just did for a collector…he commissioned us some time back and we finally got caught up enough to complete…

He and his wife love Christopher Robin and Pooh …and he really likes the King Christopher from the poem/story…. So he wanted it based on the actual original drawings…
I love the little hat Richard made for Pooh…just like the real English Guardsmen …real fur, and made over a wooden block that he carved first….perfect little fit. The sword and gun are both carved in wood…the little gun is a ‘pop’ gun with a real cork…C.R. stands approx. 10 inches tall. All sculpted in Polymer Clay and painted…clothing in 100% cotton. Richard made a little oak slate wood base to resemble a floor…not shown.
This was a fun commission…have not done a child doll for a very long time…

OK… taking my good mood and going back to work…much to get finished in the next day and a half.

Later,
Jodi





5 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Jody I'm in Love with Christopher Robin & Pooh. Reminds me of the Song,
Their Changing Guards at Buckingham Palace, Christopher Robin went down with Alice..
Would love to see some pictures of your Harry Potter Sculpts..

Creager Studios said...

Hi Debbie....
So happy that you enjoy our little CR and Pooh...they truly were a joy to create..Like you little song..is that from Winnie the Pooh?

I made one more picture...will add to blog...
Also will add a few Harry Potter pieces in the next day or two...
Can't figure out why some pictures that I upload can't be made bigger with the curser, and some can?? Have any idea? Anyone our there?

Later,
Jodi

Debbie said...

I don't know if that song was out of Winnie The Pooh, but my Dad used to sing it to me when I was little. Here's the link to the lyric's :-
http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/song-midis/Buckingham_Palace.htm
I have no idea why your photo's don't get bigger when you click on them. I've never had a problem when ever I add them. Sorry can't help with that one.

Patty Benedict said...

Just darling!!!!!!!
Glad your sister is coming to live by you!
Bugs & Hisses
patty

Creager Studios said...

Hi Patty...

Glad you like our little CR and Pooh..

I am thrilled my sis is going to be closer...came close to losing her last year with a heart problem.. now is the time for family to be close...

Have a great weekend...raining like crazy here at the moment...

Hugs,

Jodi