Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What the %$@#* Happened to Tuesday???

I swear I did not have much Brew...
Of Scotch or whiskey I did not imbue...
Or chase a Rainbow to find that gold..
Nor a Leprechaun did I hold...

On bar top counter there was no jig...
Or dressin fancy the neighbors pig....

No Irish ballads sung till dawn...
On the county courthouse lawn....

I did though eat the Corned Beef stew..
Potatoes,Cabbage ,Carrots too...
Till full enough to bust some seams...
And drift right off to fitful dreams...

Of drunkin Pigs dressed to the nines...
And Leprechaun advances that I decline....

And singing songs in the nude...
On Rainbows edge for all to view...

And golden coins with feet and hands...
Sinking deep in desert sands....

In a Vat of whisky I did swim...
All was looking rather grim...

Awake to find a Pepto Fast...
Hoping fitful night had passed...

Next time me thinks I'll take that snort...
And eating binges I will thwart....







9 comments:

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

Upon reading your post I did a jig
Especially when reading of the dressed up pig!
St. Patty's Day holds such a feast
Too bad it returns as such a beast!
Pepto's good with it's cherry taste
Hope it helped you with much haste.
Just think it won't occur again for another 365
Bet by then you'll surely still imbibe.
It's so delightful that day of green..
Beware of hidden tummy trials that remain unseen
Until that day is finally done
Oh to the bathroom most will run!
So know that you are not alone
But among those of us hugging the porcelain stone!
No Blarney...feel better Jodi! :-)

Creager Studios said...

GREAT Oopsie...loved your tribute.
My tummy is feel ever so much better...actually I was doing pretty good...but I was not kidding about my dreams...I am known far and wide for my OUTRAGEOUS Crazy dreams...If ever analyzed...I am sure the nice young men in their clean white coats would be coming to take me away...HA HA...HEE HEE...to the funny Farm....does anyone else remember that song?

Hugs

Jodi

Debbie said...

Sounds like someone enjoyed St Patrick's Day.. Yes Jodi, I remember that song..

Tallulah Belle said...

Tee hee...someone had a goodnight :-)

Creager Studios said...

I swear to you guys...I did not party...HONEST!!! Only 2 glasses of wine...but a whole lotta food...and more of my fitful crazy dreams...HONEST!!!

Jodi

Gail Lackey said...

Too funny Jodi! I've been so sick I didn't even realize it was St Paddys day. I'll have to break out the bottle. I might as well have some fun if I'm gonna be sick!
happy hauntings, Gail

Creager Studios said...

Hey Gail...Good to see you... and I am so happy to hear that you are on the mend...those nasty 'nose' bugs can be horrible.
I say a little sip 'o' wine will cure what ails ya.....

Take Care

Jodi

Christopher A. Klingler said...

FUNNY Jodi!!! ~ LOL '-P)

Hope you are feeling better NOW.

Me (-:

Creager Studios said...

LOLOL...I think everyone read it wrong...I seriousily did not drink...just ate a lot and had 'dreams' LOL...but yes...tum is feeling right as rain...but as always my dreams remain crazy and weird...since childhood!!

Hugs,

Jodi